Kabbalah

Are there any moms that practice Kabbalah? I am Christian and would like to learn how the two can be studied and practiced together.

ggsmom333

Asked by ggsmom333 at 1:48 AM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Religious Debate

• My sil once went to the Kabbalah center and even went with them to their trip to Israel. She ended up not going back, she was very discouraged about their "lighter" Kabbalah.
    She started going to Aish HaTorah here and loved it. Took a few Kabbalah lessons there but realized it's not something you can take lightly and learn in the absence of the basics (Torah, Talmud, Mishnah, Guemara, etc).
    I don't know of anyone that teaches proper Kabbalah, to be honest, it's not an area of Judaism that attracts me much, but maybe you could check out the Aish website (www.aish.com), maybe they have some info.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:19 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• You can try the Kabbalah center.
    I should warn you, though, that's not what Kabbalah really is, it's just a simplified version the Bergs came up with to be able to create a more popular religion.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• kabbalah is mysticism.
    does that conflict with your christian views?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 2:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I was told the two could be practiced together. That Kabbalah only explains that nothing is random and laws of attraction.
    ggsmom333

Comment by ggsmom333 (original poster) at 2:11 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Sharon, do you know anyone who practices it? I am good with numbers or I thought I was until I started trying to learn more about Kabbalah. I would love to be able to "talk" with someone. If you do and they would be willing to help me learn, PM me the info?
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Thanks Sharon. I will check out that site.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:20 AM on Apr. 4, 2013