I LOVE heat!!!

Just want to shout that out! It has been so cold since they decided to start the no heat/no cool season early (they shut off our heat and AC to save money) that they turned the heat back on for 2 more weeks. Today is the first day my toes aren't blue and freezing! Plus my kid's rooms are over 56 degrees. The other night I actually resorted to putting my heating pad under my son's sheet so that he could be some what warm at night, since he is sick and all.

AF4life

Asked by AF4life at 7:04 AM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Just for Fun

• She's in Japan.

Sorry AF. I hope it gets warm soon.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:35 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• So you don't have control over the temperature in your own home? That sucks!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:21 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Where do you live (country) & who owns the building? I thought that was against the law to let the temp go below 60?? for a Landlord? That is terrible. We lost power for a week with the hurricane & I started to cry by the end of the week it was so cold. The kids cheeks were chapped & red. Can't you file a complaint? I'm glad you finally warmed up. I hope the weather gets warm SOON too! :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 8:57 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• You should be able to control ur heat because you have kids...
    Tashi90

Answer by Tashi90 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• We had no heat for a week this fall, after a hurricane. I UNDERSTAND how wonderful it is!
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 9:18 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I am glad they flipped it back on. I can understand the policy but I am glad they are being flexible
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• It sucks that you can't control the temperature in your own home. I would hate that. A friend of mine who used to live on base told me that medical allowances can sometimes be made for people with asthma and other conditions, so if that's true for you, it might be worth checking into.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I live in Japan and the US Air force owns the building, so yeah they can make us go without heat or AC to save a buck. Last spring it wasn't really that bad, no heat no cool started at the end of April and ended once it was 75 out for 7 days in a row (that is when we got to have AC). They started it early this year because of sequestration. They do it in the fall too, I thought it was cold then, but it was about 30 degrees for the last 2 weeks, and even colder at night, and the apartments aren't that well insulated.
    AF4life

Comment by AF4life (original poster) at 6:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2013