Serial daters

what do you think about guys/girls who break up with someone then heads right into a relationship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Relationships

• I don't think anything since it isn't my business.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 9:37 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• They are looking for Mr/Ms right.....this is one way to find them...

Answer by older at 9:38 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I don't think anything because I don't care. Not my life so it doesn't effect me.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I think they need therapy to help them find what is missing within.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:49 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I think for some the previous relationship may have been over long ago, so they were ready for someone new, than there are others who always need someone in their life for whatever reason.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I think they fear being alone & feel a "lacking".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 11:01 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I usually think they're on the fast track to trouble if they don't take time to figure out what has gone on in their past relationships that made them not work out. I wouldn't choose to live that way, but what other people do isn't my business.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:52 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I try not to decide "what's what" in that way. Basically, I try not to focus on judging & diagnosing people or "deciding" things about them.

There can be lots of reasons for that situation, or for that pattern of behavior (when it's actually a pattern), and I'm aware of that, but forming an opinion or thinking something about "people who do that"?! Not something I value at all.

If I were focused on trying to establish that behavior as objectively unhealthy, if I felt that need, I'd assume I had something personal invested in establishing that people who proceed this way in relationships are weak, shallow, in denial, immoral, emotionally immature, dependent, "need therapy," lack self-worth, etc. In other words, my focus on asserting some value judgment about this would say something about my own need to make sure that what happened indicates some problem or failing in the ex & doesn't reflect on me/my worth.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 1:54 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Depends on if they were casual about the last relationship to begin with and were just dating around. If it's one serious relationship into another, it shows dependency and lack of esteem. They could also be doing that just to help them get over the last relationship and that is better is most ways than being stuck on the last one. Sometimes you need a reminder that other guys dig you, that there are better guys other there and that relationships can be fun. Unless you know their intent and past details, it's hard to judge someone.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2013