Would you be upset if..

your best friend, (basically like a sister) had a birthday party for her son and did not even invite you or your kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'd be wondering what I or my kids had done to offend her or her kids. Ask her.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 4:29 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes
    Anonymous

• Yep. My aunt did that when we were kids. She had a birthday party for my cousin and didn't invite me or my brothers. Her and my mom didn't talk for months. And now that I think about it, they aren't speaking again! LOL!
    Anonymous

• It would depend. Who else did she invited? Was it other friends or was it just family? If it was a family party, I wouldn't be upset in the slightest. With the economy the way it is, people are struggling. I didn't get to invite all of my friends to my DD birthday for that reason. We could only invite a handful of people and family comprised most of it.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I think it would hurt my feelings, and I might ask about it, but I wouldn't make a huge deal over it.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yes. This happened to me this past year.
    Momma2beauties

Answer by Momma2beauties at 4:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• If she was that good a friend...yes.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:34 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I might be a little hurt but I agree with Samanthasmom. Was it just actual famliy invited? I'm about to have a party for my son and unfortunately due to finances, I can only invite a few people. I'm a little scared the rest of my family will find out and be upset but theres really not anything else I can do! If you do bring it up, try not to make a big deal about it. Chances are she already feels bad for not inviting you!
    Anonymous

• Yes I would be I would be very hurt.sadYou need to ask her why.

How did you find out she was throwing a party?

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Yeah I'd be upset. I'd ask her what's going on that you and your kid were not invited. Could it have been that it was a family only thing?
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 16, 2009