Childhood memories?

How much of your childhood do you remember? 

Are they clear memories or just little snipnets that don't really make sense?

My hubby can remember details but I can't. Not clearly anyway. Just bits and pieces. No matter how hard I try. Anyone else have these issues.

SpiritedWitch

Asked by SpiritedWitch at 10:20 AM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I remember flashes- such as looking at my newborn sister in the bassinet, sitting in the high chair.

Answer by Bmat at 10:23 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• How far back? I can remember random snippets that don't really make sense (very detailed with some of my feelings and thoughts but not much larger context) from 2-4 years old. And from 5 on-wards my memories are more fleshed out.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:24 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I remember very few, only kind gestures and things that had meaning to me as a child, but very few......

Answer by older at 10:28 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Whew. Thought there was something wrong with my brain.

Mom and Dad have pics of us doing things, like going to the beach or the mountains but don't remember the trips. I remember (vaguely) that me and my sister used to go to the beach with my Uncle almost every summer. Can't remember a thing about the actual trips though.

It really was beginning to worry/annoy me that I couldn't remember better details. Comforting to know that there are others. =)
    SpiritedWitch

Comment by SpiritedWitch (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I can remember some bits and pieces, not many of them pleasant, from when I was three or four years old. I DO remember meeting my baby sister for the first time--I was mad at her because she could see. I thought babies were born with their eyes closed, like puppies or kittens, and then they opened later. So when she could seeand I couldn't, I thought she'd taken my turn.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:53 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I remember alot starting at age 5.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Depends on what we're talking about. I can't give you a play by play of sitting in, say, science class in 7th grade. But I can remember who I had a crush on that year, and a fight with one of my best friends that led to us not talking for several weeks.

I remember things that matter, things that were important or have some reason to stand out - I don't remember petty little daily details like what I had for dinner on some date 20 years ago.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:31 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• good memories smh for the good times
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2013