None of us wish to be preached at, so why do we open this newbees posts?

I just had to ask myself that question.
I am not answering her, now at least lol......

Why do we do ths to ourselves?

In R&D because that is where the posts are.

Dardenella

Asked by Dardenella at 12:14 PM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Religious Debate

• Don't ask me. I opened the latest because the title was a little vague. Once I read the question and realized it was pure preaching, with no debatable merit whatsoever, I closed it and moved on.
    Maybe if more people did that, these "preaching newbies" would move on as well.
    But in all honesty, I think those who whine the most about it are the ones who love it when they come up because they have an excuse to bash and turn ugly themselves.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• None of us wish to be preached at, so why do we open this newbees posts?  The puppy won't learn not to swim in the shark tank if we don't swat it's little nose when it does something wrong.  And it's fun!!

witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:09 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• This one doesn't come back

She does. She makes a complete fool of herself every time, but she'll come back and post again hours later before she runs away again. I'll answer them because even though she is a lost cause, there is always the chance the discussion will turn to something intelligent (without her participation). It has started to a few times, but then she gets pissy and deletes. That's her biggest fear - intelligent conversation she can't understand going on in her questions.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:04 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I may be among the few who don't mind.

There have been some complaints recently that this section is dominated by grumpy, mean argumentative atheists.  Posts like those offered by the "newbie" at least offer a change of pace, a different perspective, etc.  The only thing that bothers me is when the OP refuses to engage in debate, in which case I wish she'd flag her posts as "Proselytizing" so we'd know that she has no intent of backing up her claims or discussing the content.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 12:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Amusement
    it's one thing if someone comes in ignorant,and we can all learn from one another. it's something else if it becomes a "My way is right,and you're all going to hell if you don't convert"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I find the responses so entertaining, I keep coming back to them.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 12:35 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Because this section lacks interesting posts!

Answer by older at 12:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• You never know though when it will turn into an actual useful discussion like THIS.  Yeah, it's rare, but it does happen, and it's nice when it does.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:21 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• points?
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• entertainment mostly
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2013