Excited!

this time next week we should be house hunting in another state!! yayy and one month from then
we will be moving! Very excited yet nervous at the same time. Right now we live near lots of family (we have lived away from them before but that was before we had kids) im worried about the adjustment for them!

there isnt a real question here. im just venting out my excitement and fears.

nnh_mama

Asked by nnh_mama at 12:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2013 in General Parenting

• I am happy and sad for you.
    Approach the move with the kids as a great adventure.
    The kids will be just fine.
    I am sad because it is hard to be away from family but now we have cell phones and skype to ease the seperation.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Congrats and good luck!
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:34 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Happy hunting! :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 12:37 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• That is exciting where are you moving to?

Answer by older at 12:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Congratulations! Remember, the kids will take their cues from you. If you're upbeat and excited, they'll adjust well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• thanks ladies!! i am excited and we have talked about it with the kids.. the girls are too young to understand and our son is happy and excited to get a new room.. we have moved before and same as before his only concern is making sure all his toys make it to his new room lol i just worry that he wont fully understand that grandma wont live close by.. so no random trips to visit her or weekend dinners... :/ but yes, there is skype to help ease that seperation and visits every couple months...we are moving to nc. Which isnt TOO far from family. but far enough to keep us from seeing them on weekends. My mother in law is the one making it difficult.. telling us not to leave and making comments like "you'll miss me when you leave!" or "see this is why you should stay, because you still need me" I love her to death and i understand it hurts to see her grandbabies move away.. but she isnt making it any easier on us.
    nnh_mama

Comment by nnh_mama (original poster) at 5:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2013