Have you ever felt your heart stop in fear? (figuratively,of course)

Back in 2000,my husband and I went on vacation in Chicago
We got stuck in a traffic jam on a street in a business district
I noticed this guy wearing a trench coat acting all shifty. He kept pacing and looking all around. he stops,and I notice him reaching into his coat.
My 1st thought was,OMG,if he has a gun,we're screwed. We have nowhere to go. If we get out of the car,we're moving targets.
Thank goodness just then the traffic started to move,and we hightailed it out of there.

The other one was when I had a car accident in 1995. My stupid friend blew through a stop sign,and pulled into oncoming traffic,and stopped. I remember looking left and seeing headlights barreling down on us and thinking I was about to die.

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 12:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Just for Fun

• No, not my heart but I actually lost my voice once! Yea, me with the big mouth. Anyway, I thought my DH was lying in bed next to me one night & I opened my eyes & saw a figure coming down the hall in the dark with hands outstretched. I tried to yell & COULD NOT get a word out! So I lunged at it & grabbed it by the throat & it was DH coming to bed late. P.S. I was working at the jail at the time & was living on the edge BTW. LOL! I could have shot him.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Your first story is a sign of the times we live in!!!!! and yes my heart stopped in fear, the many times I have seen my 93 year old mom fall right in front of my eyes, thank God she has always made it through...........

Answer by older at 12:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Yes. Many times if my kids just POOFED from my sight. We all know how quick they can be. Another was last summer when I saw one of the couch buses in my side mirror crashing into a car a little ways behind me. It happened in all slow motion and I knew I was going to get hit as well. Which I was the bus hit a car and that car hit the one in front and so on. Traffic was at a stand still btu I guess the bus going free way speed still didn't pay attention to the stop traffic.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 12:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• No, but I have felt like it was going to pound out of my chest before.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:02 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• we were turning into a gas station when out of the blue a truck speeding came flying by us. my brother hit his breaks while the other guy went off road and just kept drivin. Bad thing is the dumbass speeding had a "light" on top of his truck. he was a volunteer fire fighter. Could only imaging how messed up everyone in our car would have been.

chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Heck yes.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:53 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• no way
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Yes. My daughter was riding her Barbie scooter on the sidewalk last fall, and I called her but she didn't answer. Then I heard the unmistakable sound of a garbage truck, and for one split second I just knew she was squashed under it. Turns out she didn't hear me calling her over the noise of the truck, but my heart turned itself inside out.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2013