And the drama continues

Short version (as short as I can make it): Little girl get hit by a car Feb 19th. Is placed in a full leg cast from mid thigh down for 4 weeks. Goes back at 4 weeks for a check up. Cast is removed, x-rays taken. Fracture (tib-fib just above ankle) is still clearly visible. Also visible: fracture not set correctly and bone are now bowing outward. Family is sent home and told to walk on leg like normal. If the problems in the leg have not fixed themselves in 6 months they will have to rebreak the bones and place pins in.

Just got a call from Mom asking if I can watch the two younger siblings. Mom thinks Little Girl either just sprained her leg or broke it again.

So now, I'm watching my two, my neighbor's two, and these two. Good thing it's a nice day. :D

Rosehawk

Asked by Rosehawk at 3:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Kids' Health

• OMG,that poor child!
    That doctor should lose his license!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Bone doctor is the one that took the cast of and didn't put another one on.

If it were MY kid, and the fracture was still clearly visible on x-rays we would not have left that visit without another cast on. But....not my child. I just think of her as my own and the all call me Aunty.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• What is wrong with her mother...talk about denial
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• i wouldnt have allowed the cast off so soon. i would have asked for a 2nd opinion.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• i would have definitely asked to speak to someone else and wouldnt have stopped til i knew my child was going to be healing properly and gotten the correct treatment.
    lidibolton

Answer by lidibolton at 3:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Little Girl and my daughter are the same age, and best friends. I take Little Girl to school with us when I take my kids. The initial accident happened right in front of me (I've posted previously and don't want to find the links right now).

As for the mom.....I don't know. She's 24 with a 6 year old, a part time 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 1 year old. I think for the most part she's just overwhelmed by kids. My husband and I do what we can to help them, but there's only so much we can do.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 3:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• What the hell kind of quack is that doctor? If the fracture was still clearly visible and the bones are bowing outward, there's no way she should have been walking on it. I realize Mom is young, but I'd have been questioning that doctor's sanity and demanding a second opinion.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Wow, you have your hands full!

I hopethe kiddo is okay.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:58 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I seriously hope she gets a different Dr. to help that little girl. This is ridiculous! Keep us posted. Good to know she has someone solid to lean on at a time of need. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Mom is taking/took Little Girl to a different ER than the one they went to last time. HOPEFULLY that girl gets another cast on, and is SHOWN how to use crutches. I am NOT pushing her ass around in a baby stroller or wheelchair anymore. My wrist has been sprained for at least a month now because I can't rest it like I need to.
    Rosehawk

Comment by Rosehawk (original poster) at 6:17 PM on Apr. 3, 2013