Is your entire self worth wrapped up in the religious label you wear?

Do you think OTHERS are entirely their religious label and thats it?

Asked by sahmamax2 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Religious Debate

• me? Not by a long shot
    Apparently people hear i am not a christian and assume I serve the devil. I've gotten that one numerous times
    My faith is not something I wear on my sleeve,nor do I use it to my favor

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I have witnesses a few on here that seemed to be all about their faith. Ones you never see outside of this category

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Not really, I use to when I was a Christian but then I was very naive about different beliefs. your actions lable you more than titles you give yourself imo.

Answer by skinnyslokita at 6:00 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Since I'm not a part of an official group, that would be a NO.
    I think it's not true for most others BUT, there are a few exceptions for sure.

Answer by 3libras at 5:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Hell no! Most people IRL don't even know my religion!!

Answer by Crafty26 at 5:59 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• There are many things that define me. I am a woman, a daughter, a wife, a mother & a friend. Believing in God is just part of the package :)

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

•  Ones you never see outside of this category

Oh, wait - that would describe me.  I don't journal on here any more because CM took away the Journal's section.  Most of the groups I've been involve with have died natural deaths - many having moved to FB.  I played around in P&CE for a bit, but believe it or not, it was too nasty for me (don't know if it's changed, but for a while there, I thought I might catch rabies from some of the posters) . . . so when I come to CM, this IS about the only place I come.  However, this is not my life.  I contribute here because I'm interested, not because it is my all and everything.  I wouldn't make that assumption about anyone else, either.

Answer by jsbenkert at 6:29 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• My self worth? No. But it is a large part of my identity. It's just who I am. I do think one's faith, or views on faith, etc, are a large part of who someone is, but not in a way that makes anyone more or less than anyone else. Just that we often cannot help what we believe - something either resonates with us or it doesn't. We are what we are. Sure, it's only a part of who we are, but it IS a part of us - or at least I feel that way about myself, lol :)

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• No I mean, when you hear someone is an atheist-do you assume you know who they are in their entirety because of that label?
    Such as-they are immoral, incapable of having feelings, beliefs, manners, etc.

No. I wait for a person, atheist or otherwise, to indicate to me by her actions that she is immoral or incapable of having feelings or manners. I wouldn't ever assume that about anyone.

Answer by Ballad at 6:39 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• No, but it's definitely part if who I am, so therefore part of my self worth.

Answer by Princess_s21 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2013