3 cm dialated and 50% effaced at 37 weeks!!??!!!

completley excited and scared, but a little confussed. I know I am a bit ahead of the game but I am wanting to wait becasue my dad is in the hospital and could be there another 2 weeks. Will I make it 2 weeks? How much time do you think I have?

adupuie

Asked by adupuie at 4:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Doesn't sound like you will make it another 2 weeks but you very well could go another 2 weeks. Some people stay 3 cm's for weeks. Good luck!!
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• everyone is different....you could go into labor tomorrow or you could go past your due date. I would just take it easy, the more active you are the sooner you'll go into labor
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• you could make it a week, you could make it 4 weeks lol. A vaginal exam can not show you when you will go into labor :) women walk around 80 percent effaced for weeks OR they are 1 cm dilated and barely effaced and start labor the next day :)

Good luck momma and don't stress, you'll know when your in labor and your body will go when it's ready! congrats :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 4:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I went a month like that, but no one really knows when the baby will come,,lol they come on their time.
    Best to ya mom
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 4:43 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i hope soon so you can meet your baby! how exciting news! i wish you the best of luck!
    Anonymous

• I was 4 cm and 50% at 34 weeks, and held off with no bed rest or anything until I went into labor at 38 weeks, so it all depends. Good luck and Congrats!!!
    BaysMom26

Answer by BaysMom26 at 4:49 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• A friend of mine was 4 cm for a month before she gave birth. I have never dialated or effaced until labor has started. Effacement and dialation really don't mean much.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I was dilated to 1 for a week, 2 for a week, and 3 for 3 weeks before I went into labor. I had my membranes stripped 3 times too. Some people progress quickly and some progress slowly. It's 50/50 with you right now, could go either way!
    AudMama

Answer by AudMama at 2:42 AM on Feb. 17, 2009