Should I?

So my DH took a better job that pays more, that is great but he comes home so much later. I have been working part time in the evenings for 5 years witch keeps me sane and gives me some spending money. It use to work out that when he came home we would have dinner then I would go to work and I would only miss bed time with my little girl. But since the new job we have been needing a babysitter and it kinda means what I make we pay for the daycare! So My question is should I suggest paying me to do the babysitters job? It sounds wrong just asking you all how do I ask him this? Or should I just quit and forget about my spending money?

pinkparcel

Asked by pinkparcel at 8:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Money & Work

• You want to be paid to do what moms do?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 9:03 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• why would he pay you to "babysit"? that doesnt make any sense. youre their mom you dont get money to watch your own kids. . If hes making more income which is making you pay for someone to babysit then i guess the higher paying job is kinda pointless. You said you job is for extra spending money. Not for paying bills or anything. my advise is for you to stay home with your kids. So hubby can pay the bills. instead of the babysitter for no reason.
    Anonymous

• You don't babysit your own child... it's called parenting! If your not actually making any money working it's not worth it. Tell him that.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:08 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• If your income from your job doesn't justify a sitter then talk to your husband. However he is not 'paying you' to watch your own kid. It is called being married and having shared income. Lots of families do it. Even ones with 2 working parents.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• So your DH does not give you any money, if you do not work? I would tell him sense it is his fault child care is needed. He has to pay it. Why do you have to pay it? Your hours didn't change. His did.

Answer by louise2 at 9:19 PM on Apr. 3, 2013