What can I expect sleep-wise from my 4 month old who got immunized today and has been napping since?

I fought very hard with myself on whether to immunize or not. It was very hard for me to decide. I declined at her 2 month mark and at the 4 month appointment we did it. It was hard for me to watch. My heart goes out to the little baby. She seems to be doing just fine, but very sleepy.

For those who have had their infants immunized recently, or have a something called a good memory which I do not anymore, if your baby slept a lot that day- were they still able to sleep regularly that night?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 9:25 PM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• beau was a wreck at the two months shots (fever, lethargic etc) but has breezed through all the other ones. but it was only for about 12 hours. he nurses like crazy and is a total cuddle bug for about 24 hours and then returns to normal
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:43 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• If your baby slept all day. It will not sleep good at night.

Answer by louise2 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• That's not necessarily true- if the effects of the vaccine are causing her to sleep now it's plausible it could last through the night and maybe into the next day?
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• every baby reacts different. read the papers about the shots and see what to expect.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• My Son slept a lot after his shots. My Daughter did not react at all. No change in her behavior. If the baby gets cranky the give her a little infant Tylenol. Both my kids got the poops about 3 days after their shots every time. Like runny diarrhea. That's all. They didn't act like it bothered them though.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:42 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• There are no papers explaining vaccination side effects that were offered to me. I can and will google it, but I do like the instant input received in the cafemom format.

If the baby does require a dose of infant tylenol, I'm sure that would make her sleepy as well. She is EBF so every bowel movement is as you describe.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• It could go either way.Mine were all different, from vax to vax (and booster) and age to age. And sleeping well or poorly this time won't indicate how she'll do next time ;)
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:55 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Next time your kid goes for shots ask questions. you have a right to know what your kids are being poked with. i never heard of a drs office not give you the info on the shots. every dr my kids have been to gives them out.. tell the dr you want the papers.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I know exactly what was injected into my child and the purpose of it. Specific side-effects were not listed. My question was not of which vaccinations my child had received but for other mother's recollections of sleep patterns after their children's vaccinations.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 10:32 PM on Apr. 3, 2013