I took a huge step today.

Six years ago I was in school to become an elementary school teacher. Unfortunately, I was also going through some hard things in my life and I had to take a break. I tried to go back to school but I just lacked the desire and ambition to actually succeed. I tried a few times at different schools and different programs. I decided to try and get my life back on track and just focus on my family. For the past few months, my husband and I have talked about what I was going to do career and school wise. I told him that if I could go back and do it all again, I would go to school to become a biology teacher for middle and high school. Today, I took the first step to make that happen. I applied for readmission to a college I had gone to before. I am so excited and nervous at the same time!

Anyways, (to make this a question) have you done anything life changing or made a major decision in your life lately?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 9:45 PM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Money & Work

• Just wanted to say Congratulations on chasing your dreams. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• I started working a 2nd job this week in a field I love. Best wishes to you!
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 9:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Thank you, ladies! Idareyou, what field is it if you don't mind me asking.
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• congrats and good luck. I did the same thing years ago, and then a year back into school I got ill. The doctors kept saying that the next med would put me into remission(autoimmune illnesses) but it never did. I pushed through and finished school during this(have a degree in Sociology/criminology as well as a certificate in forensic science) but I can no longer work let alone work in the field I wanted to. My point is, don't waste a chance or time as you never know what is going to happen in life.

While I am happy and adjusting to my new life I do have regrets about wasting time with my life when I was younger and wish I had gotten it together sooner.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:57 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Congrats and good luck! I went back to school two years ago to get a degree I can actually use. It is hard as hell sometimes but so
    worth it!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:24 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Good luck Momma
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Congrats! and GOOD LUCK!!

I've lost 15 pounds since January 1st.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:49 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Congratulations on this big step. I wish you all the best.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• good You go girl!!

I immediately cut all toxic people out of my life and axed the 3x you're out rule. I just love not wasting as much time and energy anymore!

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 12:05 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Congratulations, I hope it all works out for you! I have been taking my big step for the past 5 years. I graduate in May.
    hatagaj

Answer by hatagaj at 12:07 AM on Apr. 4, 2013