The new sexy but how healthy ?

http://abcnews.go.com/health/t/blogEntry?id=18804866

Emotionally or physically can Thisbe? The new trend of achieving the perfect body is now measured by the gap in between your thighs. Apparently standing up with your knees together and having a noticeable gap is what's in.

I'm am all about building my dds self esteem. This is insane. Has anyone else heard about this?

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 11:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2013 in Health

• I was JUST looking at a Victoria's Secret catalog thinking- HOW is the gap between their legs SO big?! I, of course, compared my "gap" in the mirror and it's there but they HAVE to be airbrushed- there's just no way!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:50 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• LOL, I had a friend that used to make fun of me all through school because my legs never touched at the thigh... I have no idea why. I never gave it much thought. As a matter of fact they still don't. Does that mean I can be a VS model?
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• Looking at models and attempting to meet an "industry standard" of beauty is not new. These same females which compare themselves to models and then work to achieve that image all have one thing in common- or at least a series of things.
    low self esteem/ poor body image

they tend to also have other emotional disorders, often stemming from poor interpersonal relationships during their formative years
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:56 PM on Apr. 3, 2013

• the sad part is there was a post on Tumblr about this and it was explain how it has more to do with how you are built- rather than how much you weigh or whatever- It's more about your bones
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:22 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Yes, years ago when I worked out. The gap shows definition and muscle tone.
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I've never heard that before. I do have a gap, but like m-avi I got made fun of for my 'chicken legs' all through school. I think it's stupid to define a certain body type as 'sexy'.
    Hollyhock.

Answer by Hollyhock. at 1:01 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I think it's a damn shame when a body type or feature, especially one that has more to do with genetics than diet or exercise, is defined as sexy. Women worldwide have been sold a load of shit about how they have to look this way or that way to be beautiful, and they've bought it and paid dearly. The look changes over time, but the idea that you have to achieve sxiness by changing your body is the same.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Mine never did till the past 2 or 3 years... ugh.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Well there is a slight gap in between my thighs; it's not something I've ever noticed before and I'm not entirely sure how that's considered sexy. And who really stands with their knees together anyways?
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 8:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Agreed^^
    ToriAnn14

Answer by ToriAnn14 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2013