Not to sound paranoid...

But does anyone know if they've built bomb shelters in the west coast? -_-

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• im sure there are some still around from the Cold War days. many schools built during the Cold War have certified bomb shelters somewhere in the building or some of the rooms were built to shelter specs (at least they were at my high school in Anchorage, AK).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Yes, there are bomb shelters out here. Heck there is one in the basement of a local bank where I'm at. Does the Cold War ring a bell?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Was it cold? The cold war?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:21 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I was in the Army during the Cold War and during that time there was a huge market for bomb shelters.
    To be honest, I wouldn't have a clue where to go. We live in the suburbs about 15 miles from the City, which has several shelters. We're screwed!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• While it's a quaint idea, keep in mind that most bomb shelters were built at a time when nuclear tests were a tourist attraction. They didn't exactly understand what they were building them for.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• There are shelters in the mountains, underground shelters that look like you live there for 10 yrs.

like this..

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• The Cold War was with named this because the 2 super powers, United States and Russia both contained Nuclear Weapons. It basically started in the late 40's after the downfall of Nazi Germany. Over the years, the tension between the two countries became more of a pshychological war.
    In the 80's under President Ronald Reagan, the US increased diplomatic, military and economic pressures on Russia at a time when their economy was in a sad state.
    Then Mikhail Gorbachev became the new Soviet President and soon after in 1991 Communism dissolved leaving the US as the worlds superpower.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 12:43 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I am sure there are old ones still around but I have not heard of too many actively builing anywhere right now.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• You can build your own. I would if I had the budget and the land. I'd probably use it more to get away from the husband and kids for a while. I love secret rooms!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 1:06 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Hold me mwammies! I'm a widdle scwared! :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:15 AM on Apr. 4, 2013