Have you read the Hunger Games trilogy?

i know, i am late with it, as usual! but anyway i bought the trilogy last week, and read the entire trilogy in a matter of days (if any of you have been wondering about my absence)

what did you think of it? ill admit when i watched the first movie, i wasnt very moved. it didnt inspire me to want to read the books or anything. but for whatever reason i finally decided to, and so glad i did! so well written, intense, beautiful. i couldnt put it down. cant wait for the next movie to come out :)

i dont know what i should read next, now that my expectations have been built up so high lol!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Entertainment

• I read them and enjoyed them also.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• YES. and I loved them. The movie was a little bit of a let down but not horrible. (I saw the movie after reading the books). I am looking forward to the next movie in order to see the differences between that and the books. Anyways in regards to books with movie spin offs there is a site your can browse find them at

http://www.mymcpl.org/cfapps/botb/book.cfm

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:14 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• exactly, the movie doesnt really do the book any justice, but then most of the time they don't. but now that ive read the books, i enjoy watching the words come to life on the screen. its definitely beneficial to always read the book first! thanks for the link!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Yes my friend recommended it to me so I bought the first one read it in a day, then there was a blizzard the next day that I drove in to get the next two... I guess that lets you know how much I enjoyed them lol I thout the move didn't do the book justice.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:23 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• No but, after reading the comments, I guess I should.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 9:24 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I've only read the Hunger Games. It was very good. My older kids English teacher actually used it in her Utopia, DIstopia, Chaos themed 8th grade last year and the kids really liked that. This year it was Divergent (or for those who read it, Insurgent.) You might like them as well.

I liked the movie too. I think they did a decent job, but they can never get it quite right.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:28 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I'm always late on reading books too. That's b/c I keep getting other books that come highly recommended. :p I just finished "Half Broke Horses" by Jeannette Walls & am reading another of hers called "Glass Castles." Very good books! I recently read "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett and "Two Little Girls in Blue" by Mary Higgins Clark. I like her books too. Sydney Sheldon is still one of my fav. authors. I've read all of his books. I think sometime over the summer I will start the Hunger Games trilogy. My 11 y/o expressed interest in those, but I need to read them first, in case they aren't appropriate for her.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:39 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I loved them. I read them before I watched the movie and I feel like they left so much out, I know they can't put it all in, but I felt like the people who hadn't read the books must be seriously confused. And I did end up explaining things to my husband as we were sitting in the theater.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:41 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• ooh the help! ive seen that movie and it was very good. i imagine the book must be twice that. def gonna have to read it!
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:57 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• but I felt like the people who hadn't read the books must be seriously confused

yes! exactly! i didnt really understand any of it when i first saw it. i mean, i thought it was a good movie, but you cant really appreciate it for what it's worth until you read the books and have a full understanding.

tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:59 AM on Apr. 4, 2013