What's up with the C-section/enduction bashing?

I keep hearing how selfish C-Sections and enduction are and how they aren't done for medical reasons. Yet I have NEVER seen a mom on here or IRL who had one just becuase she wanted to. If someone says, "I was too lazy to give birth." then bash away. But why jump all over anyone who askes about C-Sections or induction?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:45 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Because they need to make their miserable life better by bashing. I think the people who bash need to get a life.
    CloserToTheEdit

Answer by CloserToTheEdit at 4:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• There are always going to be bashers on here. They haven't figured out yet that it's stupid.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm . . . I haven't heard this. I had an emergency c-section. I don't know of anyone who has had one by choice either. I didn't think it was an option.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 4:48 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes there are some women now a days who do the chosen c-sections but for the most its out of the moms hands and no there shouldn't be any bashing person who is bashing should be thankful it is not them that has to have it done to them
    Anonymous

• I agree, I had a c-section because of my heart problem! I feel like I missed out on normal birth but I would reather be here for my kids! People need to stop being so judgemental on people they don't know their situation!
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 4:50 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• thats ridiculous even if someone did it by choice who do some of these people think they are that they can judge for that! holy cow. id love to have someone say something to me about my c-section. My dd's head was lodged on my pubic bone sooooo i had no choice not even forceps or a vaccuum was getting her out!
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 4:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• have an elective c-section is an option my sister in law did it with both of her kids and lost her third as a DIRECT result.
    I was induced when I was OVER due because I had no signs of going into labor on my own, and my daughter was in and out of stress. We later found out her cord was wrapped around her neck, so if I wasnt induced there was a good chance she would have died!!!
    However, I dont think you should get either JUST to do it...I think the babies health should come first
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:52 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• it is becoming common for people to have shedualed c sections but i do believe most of us that have had them its because it was out of our hands. Mine was a emergency c section with my son and im hoping for a VBAC this time around. People shouldnt put others down based on what type of birth we have. We all want the same thing a happy healthy baby.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• That is news to me. The doctor MADE me have an induction because of preclampsia. Then after being in labor for 40 hours (I contracted for 43) they told me I had to have a c-section. I was only at five cm and I begged them to let me try for another hour to progress, and they told me no. If anyone said anything to me about c-sections or necessary inductions I would tell them to kiss my a**.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 4:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• some people are only here to cry for attention i guess thats why they are being a bitch ;)

btw i had a c-section because of an infection... which would have been given to my daughter through a normal birth... maybe (!).. i didnt want to take the risk.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 4:55 PM on Feb. 16, 2009