What religious statue should I buy?

I am new to Catholicism and I saw some beautiful statues yesterday at a religious store but I have no clue which one would be best to put someplace in my home. Any suggestions? When I was a child I remember my grandparents has a state by the front door and they kept a half dollar under it but I can't recall who it was a statue of. Any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• St Joseph.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• St. Francis & St. Jude
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:55 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• No idea on GPs statue but you could do a statue of your patron saint if you like, or one of Jesus or Mary. They are just there as reminders to pray.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:58 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Get an Isis holding her son. Literally indistinguishable from the virgin-and-baby-Jesus statues!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• my great grandmother was Catholic and she had the most gorgeous statue of St. Anne that she kept in a prominent place in her living room. she told me that her father gave it to her when she was pregnant with his first grandchild (my grandmother). i dont know who ended up with it when she died, i wish i had!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Browse till you find something that speaks to you. There's a lot of information online or
    in the library about the saints and their lives. My favorite is St. Elizabeth, who would sneak bread out of the palace in her apron to give to the poor. When she was caught and made to open her apron, the bread had turned to roses.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• What do you like? What are you attracted to? Shop and see what appeals to you....have fun with it... :).....My favorite statue is one of Mary looking about 8 months pregnant.....I keep her in my kitchen window sill. :)
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2013