Baby getting state insurance

Can the state turn away newborn from getting insurance? I will loose my coverage shortly after the birth and have to apply for state insurance for the baby. I am worried they can deny her. It would only be a temporary thing until she can be added to her fathers insurance or I find a job very soon....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Just for Fun

• No. They always cover babies.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 11:12 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Why spend your time worrying just go and apply.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:13 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• If you're covered then she will be covered.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• because they told me I cant turn the application in until the baby is born. I live in ohio. And I contacted my inurance the day she is born she isnt covered...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:18 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• They will back pay don't worry about it, just go apply when you get home from hospital.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• your insurance is full of shit. Once you turn in the BC the insurance company will back date her coverage till the day she was born. She isn't covered that exact day but the insurance company will cover her.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• yes but I am talking about her first appoitment and things like that. she wont be covered for that. I will loose my coverage too...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:34 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Hi. I just lost my coverage. My baby received her medical card march 30th. It was backdated to her birth in November. Stop whining.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• SHE WILL! Stop worrying, I work in insurance I know my stuff. An insurance can not deny a newborn baby coverage.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 4, 2013