How do you know someone truly loves you ?

ToriAnn14

Asked by ToriAnn14 at 11:17 AM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• They show it by their actions.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 11:27 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Is he more concerned about your happiness than he is his own? Does he want to please you? Does he put your needs ahead of his own? Is he proud to introduce you to his friends and family? Does he seem to appreciate you for your ethics, morals, and opinions, or is he always trying to get you to veer from your convictions to honor his own? Does he seem to be interested in you for who you are as a person or does he seem to be attracted only to the physical? These are but a few of the questions you should ask yourself. You cannot allow yourself to make these kinds of assessments based purely on your emotions or how you "feel" about him. Also, I would caution you to observe his behavior for a period of several months before "falling" for him. Most people can fake these things for a period of time, but eventually their true selves will show themselves. Another biggie: Observe how he treats his mother and his sisters!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:30 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• my husband will go get me Subway if i don't want to eat what i made for supper
    he knows how much i love birds and was willing to spend the gift card he got from work on a birdy for me
    Yep,actions

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• It's in his kiss.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 11:32 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• He makes me first in everything .but sometimes it just does it so he don't want me to get mad I guess .
    ToriAnn14

Comment by ToriAnn14 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Grammar overload. I understand now why the question was only one sentence.

You have no way of knowing. You have to use your best judgement.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:07 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• If they've seen you at your worse and still stand by you. I had cancer, and it wasn't pretty, but my husband still loves me.

Answer by Bmat at 12:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Someone who can be there for you to enjoy the good times & to comfort you during the bad times. Someone who is happy to spend time with you & will look forward to plans you make as a couple. Someone who with just a look in his eye, or a smile on his face, just tells you that you are loved. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• You know I can say by their actions till I'm blue in the face but, the truth of the matter is that some people are really good actors. I honestly wish I knew the answer, my life would've been much easier if I did.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 12:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• If he loves you, you wouldn't be asking.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 PM on Apr. 4, 2013