Are you really social with all the Mom's at your child's school?

OR do you just drop off, pick-up, say hello type thing? OR do you actually like to stand around & chat for a while morning & afternoon?

I am more on the shy side and don't have alot to say especially in the mornings...so it is more hi & bye for me except in the summer I may chat more when kids play afterschool on the grounds for a little bit.

SO, how much effort do you put into it?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• oh hell no. im extremely socially anxious though, and there is always a large crowd in the afternoons when its time to pick her up that makes it very difficult for me to even breathe. i dont do well in crowds at all.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• No,lol
    Let me explain. my son has moderate autism. He is all but completely non verbal. When the parents encounter my son around their kid,they act as if my son has a disease.
    Strangely the parents of the other special needs tend to act the same. One mom spoke to me during the Halloween party last year,but when i saw her again another time,she acted like I had the plague.
    i don't see the parents much because my son is bussed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Not really the moms at school, because we drop our kids & pick up in our cars. But I hang with all of our sports moms.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:21 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• It's just a smile & wave to the ones I see up there regularly to pick up their kids. Of course, I do talk to the parents of the kids she is friends with & plays sports with.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:22 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I may chat a bit at the classroom parties but I don't have time to chat during drop off and pick up. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I don't have time to chit chat in the morning or in the afternoon. In the morning I make the effort to talk to my kid, ask him about his life. In the afternoon I just want to relax or I have a game for my kid to go to. Once again I try to ask my kid how he is and what he did in school, basically how is life. This is the life of a working singe mom. I have a few friends that have children who attend the same school but I rarely stand around and shoot the breeze. Weekends are the times I like to have a BBQ or meet up for playdates and gab with my friends.

If you want to break out of your shell I would say to just spark up a conversation with someone. That's the best way to meet new people and possibly get a good friend out of it.
    Anonymous

• I have to drop off and go cause I have to go to work. When I pick up I talk to 2 of the Mom's and if there is activites at the school there is a father I talk with and 3 moms, but outside of school, I do not keep in contact with them, except one on Fb but I am not on there enough, but we talk whenever we see each other.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I dropped him off and picked him up. I was busy with school (college), then work and didn't have time to play nice. I arranged my schedules (lunch hour @ work ... between classes @ school) to be able to pick him up and drop him off at grandma's.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 12:32 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• although, i do put an effort in when she's not out right away and i have to stand and wait for a few minutes. if another mom talks to me, i am friendly in return. but i dont reach out unless im spoken to first.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Nope. I don't like them, and they don't like me. I'd like to wipe my ass with their North Face jackets.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2013