For the ladies who answered my question about my mom. Regarding assisted living

I did some research. We have 3 facilities here in town. 2 are out because the ratings gave them F's and D's across the board,and both were cited for gross negligence in the last 90 days
The last one has a waiting list of 3 years
The other alternatives are the Visiting Nurse. They can come once a week,but that's just for BP checks,and other vitals.
There's a respite type service that does errands for you,but i'm already doing that stuff for her.
So.....until she's bound for the nursing home,there's not alot she has at her disposal yet
I already contacted her about something called Section 811,housing for disabled people. They help you find suitable housing. I told her to call and get her doctor's fax number,and to call HUD to inquire about this program.
She begrudgingly wrote down the info.
She has a doc appointment on Tuesday. I can't go since it's at 2:30 and my son gets home at 3

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• I would say it like this, and I know she is ill, but this is what I would do
    Mom, there is no way that I can provide for you, YOU are not stupid, nor incapable of making some choices here. YOU must get on the phone and help me to help you, I cannot under any circumstances allow you to live with us in our home. I am sorry that it has come to this, but we have xxx number of days to find you a new home.
    I will help you how I can, but you must understand that you are not able to live with us, period.
    She is trying to abuse you, and to be honest, don't let her! Are you 100% sure the rent will go up, and if so, by how much? You might supplement, say up to $100 towards it, because trust you me, she is working you to get you to let her stay with you all for free!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 4:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I didn't see your original question, but it sounds like you're in a tough spot. Can someone else watch your son (pick him up from school for a playdate?) while you take your mom to the doctor?
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 3:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Nope

Comment by butterflyblue19 (original poster) at 3:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2013