My 5 year old daughter has breast buds!? Help please.

I took my daughter to the dr yeasterday because she said her "boobs" hurt. When i looked she actually had swollen breasts. I took her to the doctor immediatly and they drew blood to test her hormones and other things. They also took an xray of her hand and wrist to test her bone age. She has an ultra sound scheduled next week to look at her ovaries. Im worried sick. Does anyone have any experience with this or know why this is happening? Thank You.

3girlys

Asked by 3girlys at 3:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Kids' Health

• I remember starting puberty in third grade but my period didn't start until I was 11 and I don't have any hormone issues. Also think about what's being offered by the food industries that are chock-full of hormones that mess with kids and adults alike, especially dairy products and meat products. If it is, in fact, a hormonal issue then you should be more cautious about what you feed her; soy milk is an awesome alternative to dairy milk, offering 50% more calcium and is hormone-free. Buy organic or farm-raised meats. People nowadays are so much sicker than ever because of poor diets. A proper diet really can cure the majority of diseases, including hormone related ones. I hope your daughter will be okay :)
    acwildtree

Answer by acwildtree at 3:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Bump for update! What ended up happening with the results?
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 8:01 PM on May. 3, 2013

• what happened with your daughter... i have a 6 year old with same issue. took her yesterday to ped and he did sono on her breast and said just breast tissue but she is young for a breast bud so now going to endo but can't get in for a couple months. he said to keep an eye on it and see what happens over next couple of wks or he will make a call to get us in sooner.
    salpal926

Answer by salpal926 at 4:12 PM on Oct. 2, 2013

• I haven't been on for a long time but thought id update you all.
    Well the dr. did all sorts of tests (hormones, bone scan, ultra sound, Blood) and all came back normal. She told me to just watch it and if they grew anymore or had severe pain to come back. She also said if none of that happens to just come back within 6 months. Well shortly after I had taken her in she didn't complain anymore about hurting and so on. So I kept watching and her "breasts" went back to a normal 5 year old "chest". She hasn't complained about anything and is doing great. So weird that, that had happened. The dr. kept asking me if she would have gotten a high dose of estrogen from anywhere like if she would have gotten into birth control pills or something but she did not as I have an IUD and have nothing with estrogen at all in my house. So I guess its still a mystery!
    3girlys

Comment by 3girlys (original poster) at 11:55 AM on Oct. 30, 2013