What was your baby's first food?

My first daaughter it was bananas.

My second daughter has a couple months to go.

Should I do something different so I have a different food to tell both of them about later?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 3:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• both of mine started on rice cereal... looking back I would have skipped it and gone straight to pureed veggies... maybe avocado...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I dunno... there is a lot of research out there now saying rice cereal can be rough on baby bellies. That if you were going to start with a grain to go with Kasha... it's all so different now and my youngest is only 5!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• carrots for my oldest and youngest, squash for my middle. like butterfly i started with the yellows & oranges, then the greens, then introduced fruits. all of mine had the cereal also and they did fine with it, they aren't obese and they dont have digestive issues.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I did rice cereal, which I didn't stick with for long except a dab mixed into fruits and veggies. I did peas first, then green beans, carrots, squash, followed by fruits. I was told that if you stayed away from sweets and fruits for a little while, your baby wouldn't develop a sweet tooth right away and would eat gree veggies better. That theory went straight to hell the first time someone offered my little one a bite of ice cream or a cookie. I don't think I'd be as paranoid about foods if I were to do it again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• carrots
    I was told to do orange/yellow veggies,then green veggies,then fruit and yogurt

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I am thinking avocado or sweet potato or banana or pear. She is breastfed so flavor blandness doesn't apply.

Skipping rice cereal. I wonder how much longer the AAP will recommend it.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• DS had peaches first and DD had either avocado or bananas.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• rice cereals, then like you said bananas, & avacados, sweet potato, mashed egg, carrots etc.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 3:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I think it was bananas with both.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Both kids was squash. Then sweet potato's & baby cereal. Neither would eat banana baby food or any baby food that was green! Now they both LOVE bananas & peas! My Son ate so much squash & sweet potato's that he turned a hue of orange! I brought him in for one of his baby visits & the Dr. said "so he likes sweet potato's!" It happened from the keratin in the veggies. Perfectly safe though. I have an Easter picture & his nose was orange in the picture! LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2013