When was the last time your car did not start?

Me? Yesterday. Two kids in the car, two towns over, no cell phone.

It's ridiculous how people avoid eye contact and pretend they don't hear people asking for help.

I eventually found a phone inside of a medical pavilion and was able to call for help. I just needed a jump. SO was at work over an hour away so I didn't even tell him it happened until he got home. My mom came to help. She saved the day. My children did very well and so did I. Didn't panic.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 4:25 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Travel

• Hmmm,our Ford Windstar,winter of 2002
    POS!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Over winter when my battery was taking a shit.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 4:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• A couple of months ago. My Liberty's engine blew out. Had to get a new car.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I had a battery die on me at work a couple years ago. I had a coworker give me a jump so I could take it over to a service station.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 4:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• A while ago but I'm glad you made it through unnerved! That's a tricky situation. Who jump started the car for you? I'd probably call the Police for help if I was alone with the kids. I would not know how to do it. Once when my DH & I were dating, the battery in the car went dead at a drive in movie. Everyone left & the only car that was left was shaking & the windows were steamed up. My DH waited for a while then knocked on the window. This HUGE guy came out practically undressed & let us jump the battery off his car. LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:57 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• the day before it went into the shop and is still there... so um... 23 days and $2700 ago.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• A couple weeks ago. I left the lights on when I went in to the grocery store (it was raining). My mom cam and got me, my dd and my groceries. My dh went with a friend and picked up the car that evening.

Answer by missanc at 5:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• that should be 13 not 23! Gosh I hope it's not 23!!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• What a shitty thing to happen to you! My battery has died a couple of times. The heat here kills them.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Today as a matter of fact!! The cold here kills them! And if there is anything wrong with the car, come winter time, you will find out whats wrong. Especially if its the starter, alternator, or the battery.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2013