What do you think of this? (No idea which category this is supposed to go in........) adult content

Sonnette Ehlers, of South Africa (the rape capital of the world), has invented an anti-rape device that goes by the name of "Rapex". The device is basically a female condom with teeth lining the inside that work just like the protective spikes in a parking garage....you can go in, but whatever you do don't back out! The teeth are angled so they allow penetration, but bite like a shark as the penis is removed; supposedly causing so much pain that it will give the woman a chance to escape. Further, according to Ms. Ehlers, "the device will need to be surgically removed at a hospital, which will lead to the capture of the rapist."  photo rapex_zpsd9285c02.jpg

I personally think it's an awesome idea :)

link

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Damn! If that doesn't strike fear into the hearts of rapists everywhere, nothing will. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I, myself, would prefer a gun..... that still lets the dude get too close.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:54 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Learning martial arts is good.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:56 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• It would be much better if it didn't allow penetration at all.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 4:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

but once word gets around that women are actually using this protection maybe they won't try... on the other hand maybe they will go for minors who would not likely have such protection... I could see this going both ways...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• "I, myself, would prefer a gun..... that still lets the dude get too close."

Me, Too!!!!
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• There was talk of distributing those during the World Cup in South Africa a few years ago (the vuvuzela year) because it was so dangerous for women anywhere near the stadium. I think they'd be a false sense of security - if the guy knows about it, he might be less likely to try, but if he doesn't and gets to discover it the hard way, he's probably going to beat the woman to death.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• ive seen/heard of this a while ago.. issue with it is this.. 1) if your being attacked who is to say you have this thing on you and how much time you have to put it in yourself.. and 2) people are afraid that if you cause harm to the rapist there is no gaurantee he wont kill the victim in rage.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 5:59 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Wouldn't it be better if it hurt going IN?
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 6:39 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Rape is not about sex but fear and dominance. Sex is the tool It would only deter rapists for a hort while and then the would use somethin else first in the attack. I believe in preveting and self protection, martial arts, mace, a gun etc and the knowledge and will o use them
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:53 PM on Apr. 4, 2013