Oh look, more stupid people

A congresswoman in Colorado has made a complete ass of herself by sponsoring a bill to ban a gun part, despite not even knowing what it is or how it's used:

“If you ban them in the future the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available,” 

A few questions - how does someone this stupid get elected (ok, that one's pretty rhetorical), why, if anti-gun activists want to be taken seriously, do they allow the biggest idiots to sponsor their bills instead of trying to work with people who have actually been in the same room as a gun before?  Or is the real issue that the average anti-gun activist is as stupid as this woman?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Its funny but she will not be alone.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:05 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I see dumb people. Everywhere. And they don't even know they're dumb.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:19 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Yes NP they are everywhere.......

Answer by older at 6:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• that was funnier than the water- thanks i needed the laugh
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I don't get why anti-gun people let idiots like her talk. I know not all of them are complete morons but they don't seem to have a problem with their representatives looking like one.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• She is usually more with it than that. Evidently she didn't take the time to read up on what her staffers researched.
    She was my rep for a while, until we moved out of the city.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• i hate the idiots who are anti-gun and have no clue about anything that has to deal with guns as much as i hate the idiots who are so pro-gun they are trying to make silencers mandatory so gun owners wont hurt their hearing or the guys that got upset that ppl willingly gave their unwanted guns to the police to burn. but then those last 2 examples arent elected members of the govt.

its getting to the point where nothing a politician says is really all that shocking anymore...its more shocking when one says something smart & well thought out.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:31 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I will get yelled at if I answer
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:49 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Dumb da dumb dumb dumb!!!

Boy oh boy I have been getting lots of reasons to use this!! lol

Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• yea.. that lady is pretty dumb.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 12, 2013