Ive never had cauliflower

does it taste anything like broccoli? i do love me some broccoli!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Food & Drink

• It tastes nothing like broccoli lol. But I think you'd like it. I don't like it cooked but I love it raw

I'm still trying to figure out how you got through your life without cauliflower
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• oh my gosh I just discovered roasted...baked cauliflower ....so yummy

. Toss it with a little olive oil, salt ,pepper and garlic in a bowl and let it sit a bit then bake till your desired tenderness.Also tried one with a little sesame oil ,soy sauce and whatever seasonings you desire.Put if frig for a couple of hours to all day and bake .

I love broccoli a fave but this is great also.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 7:00 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Not like broccoli, but its good! Its cheap, buy some fresh, steam it, add a little salt andmaybe some fresh parmesan cheese once its on ypur plate!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• It's so good. I like to make mashed cauliflower.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Really? And no nothing like broccoli. I like to eat cauliflower raw with veggie dip.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 7:10 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• It's sort of denser and stronger-tasting than broccoli. I like it steamed with mustard sauce over it.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:23 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Best way to find out how it tastes is to tastes it. That is how I do food.

Answer by louise2 at 7:27 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Kind of tastes like solid cabbage mixed with artichoke - in my opinion.

It's so good and versatile. We have it steamed with vinaigrette for dipping, or tossed in olive oil, salt and pepper & roasted.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 7:43 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• This is so weird I just made cauliflower tonight for the first time. I mean I've has it in mixed vegetables, etc, but never actually made it till now.
    I put it in a casserole with potatoes and cheese. It has a weird consistency when cutting it up. I'm sure if you boil it to death and serve it with butter or something, it's good.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:06 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I love cauliflower. You can boil it and then mash it live you would mashed potatoes. My kids love it roasted. Take a cauliflower and cut it up into small florets. place on a baking sheet and coat lightly with olive oil, salt and pepper. roast in the oven at 400 deg for about 20 - 25 min. The florets get brown and crispy and are sooooo good.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 1:00 PM on Apr. 6, 2013