Not sure how I am going to handle this!?!

Most of this school year my daughter has been picked on by certain girls and at times her teacher. When I brought it to her teachers attention she backed off. Now today my daughter comes home very upset that her teacher yelled at her in front of the class saying she is a liar, a bully and a cheater. Then she also told her to go ahead and go home and tell her mother she does not care what I have to say. I talked to one of her classmates who told me the same thing. Tomorrow I am going to a different school in the area to find out about tranfering her or getting info on homeschooling her for the rest of the year, then we will be moving to a new house in a different school area in town this summer. I am not sure which is the best route to take on this. she has always been a stright A student but I am not in the mood to stand here and have her teacher talk down to her anymore. I have hand a number of meetings with her and the principals this year on the subject.

How would you handle this?

SkylaReneeMom

Asked by SkylaReneeMom at 7:08 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Why can't she (your DD) be put in a different class?  For the rest of the year.

Answer by louise2 at 7:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I would go after her job.
    Seriously who the hell talks to a kid, much less a little kid like that?

feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:15 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Since reaching down her throat and ripping her colon out is illegal, I'd be after her job, too.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I would calmly ask the teacher what happened. Do this so you get her side about what instigated this. I would than write a letter to the principal and cc a copy to the superintendent.  I would remove my DD from the school.  Most schools refuse to transfer kids to a different teachers regardless of the situation.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Have a meeting with the teacher, the principal, and the superintendent about what happened. That is where I would request a new classroom for my kid and tell them that I will not put up with a bully for a teacher. I would make sure that they were aware that there was no way around it...they HAD to move her or I would get the press involved about how the school tolerates not only children being bullies, but teachers too.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 7:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• If it were me! I would go to the principal...If your child attends a good school the principal will take immediate action! You should request an immediate meeting with him/her and discuss this with the school officials. Its unfortunate that these days we can't trust our children's teachers.
    yancey04

Answer by yancey04 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 6, 2013