• In the Spotlight:

At what age did you first give your child a hair cut/trim?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Our son was just under 1. (About 10 months if I remember correctly.) My daughter is now 17 months old and has never had her hair cut, we are growing it out.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I waited for 2 years to cut my son's hair. I now look back at pictures and he looks like the epitome of white trash lol. I should have done it sooner:(
    Anonymous

• My son was almost a year. I didn't want to cut it but it kept getting in his face and making him sweaty and for some reason his dad wouldnt agree to barettes or bobby pins in his son's hair!
    Anonymous

• 1. and it was long overdue.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 5:04 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• all my kids were 1 yr old when they got their first cut. I have all boys and I told my hubby I wanted to wait untill they were 1 to cut their hair. Well it got so long (and when it starts getting length it starts curling) that the day they turned 1 we went to get their hair cut.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I was trying to hold off until her first birthday but she got it out 5 months. She had so much hair and my mom talked me into it. She said it would grow faster if I got it trimmed. I haven't cut it since than and now it's really long.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 5:07 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I think my first was 1.5 and that was only to collect some for her baby book lol. I think her real hair cut was at like 2 or 2.5 my second dd is 13 months and not even close to a trim lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:08 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• my son was 10 months and had a little Eddie Munster point that just had to go. lol My DD is 13 months and is just getting enough hair for it to look 'messy' still no trim for her.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I had to give my son his first trim at about 3 months old. His hair was really long when he was born. I guess he was trying to make it up for his balding father....lol
    CloserToTheEdit

Answer by CloserToTheEdit at 5:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• 3 1/2, when it got too long ot be manageable.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 5:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009