Do you have any issues with your child's teacher?

or is it all good? so far so good here!

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• She is extremely slow, and not very smart at all. Any question I ask her gets an answer of ''I don't know....''

She can't control the kids in class. My daughter asked her if she could sit away from everyone else because of the distractions.

Homework, permission slips, etc. that we get at home ALWAYS have typos or shortcuts like 'BTW, U, U R''...... It is RIDICULOUS!
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 11:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• you mean apart from her being dumber than a box of rocks? No.
    Anonymous

• DS has a great teacher this year. She is great about communicating with me and working with DS. He has focus issues, and she is great about keeping him on task without singling him out or punishing him. I just hope his teacher next year is as good.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:16 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I absolutely love my DD's teacher. It takes a big heart to be good at teaching a class where the majority of your students have special needs, & Ms. Tammy is great. She is patient, understanding, kind, firm, & intelligent. & she genuinely cares, which makes all the difference in the world.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:44 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• DS's teachers are really good and responsive if I have questions or concerns (if they have them as well). DD's teacher isn't big on communication, but that could be because DD does well and isn't a behavior problem in class. They have both had teachers that sort of sucked IMO though. Both were really young and non-communicative.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:52 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I love my DS's teachers! DD's... well, I like them okay... but I don't love one of them so much.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:24 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• We love our little one's teachers. They adore her and we know they genuinely care and want the best for her.
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 11:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I LOVE my 2nd grader's teachers. They are young and creative. The kids really respond to them. And when there is an issue they have been really responsive. I wish my older kids' 2nd grade experience was this awesome.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Okay, I should say I'm sorry for making a rude comment about our teacher but we've had two that just shouldn't be there...really disorganized, child learning nothing, homework never comes home. Some are really good, the older, veteran teachers. The new ones are like 21 and just very inexperienced. I have a problem with that because the kids pay the price for their inadequacies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• The only "problem" I have with her is that she wants everything to go through her. She wrote me a note a couple months ago that I took as having to do with something DD was pronouncing wrong affecting her work...this was about a week before a scheduled meeting I had with teacher, principal, and school psychologist regarding DD's performance...so I called the school to ask that the speech therapist be included in the meeting and expected it to end there. Principal answered the phone, so I told her, she asked why, I told her...at meeting, teacher seemed upset that I basically went behind her back and talked to the principal instead of her. Tried to explain to her that I only talked to principal because she answered phone and only explained why I was requesting therapist at meeting because she outright asked.

Other than that, I love her. I would feel very blessed if DD has a teacher like her for the next 11 school years.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 6:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2013