Friends?!?!?!?!

Friends that word makes me laugh everytime I hear it I mean what is a friend so far my friends are bitchs sorry for my language and others are just women who think they know it all...What do you think a friend is? B/c mine aren't friends to me

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 4, 2013 in Relationships

• Friends are the ones that love you, support you and are honest with it. They also respect your decisions while offering helpful advice. They are not jealous of you, but instead are genuinely happy for you. They don't try to take what is yours, talk about you/your problems or judge you. You don't have to talk to them everyday or even once a week, but when you need them, they are there.
    BTW, it has to be reciprocal to work :)
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 11:50 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Friends are the people who stand by you no matter what.

Sounds like you merely have people you know... and need to know a lot less.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:36 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I happen to have a small group of fabulous friends who lift me up, encourage me and that I enjoy talking to and spending time with. I guess I am blessed...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:30 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• A friend is someone who loves you the way you are. They're honest, regardless how good you think you are, they'll straighten your ass out.
    They'll answer your calls in the middle of the night, laugh with you and cry with you.
    A friend is more than just a friend, they're family.

PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:34 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• A friend is somebody who will listen when you need to talk, be honest with you, & share in your joy. It's also someone you'd do the same for. I'm not lucky enough to have friends IRL, but I consider many of the women in Answers my friends. Hugs, my doll babies! I hope you find some good friends, they're worth more than their weight in gold.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:37 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• In my adult life, I've always been closer to my friends than I have to my family. Friends don't preach or judge. Friends don't turn away when you make choices they don't approve of. They pick up the pieces when your life jumps the track even if they warned you about the impending train wreck and you ignored them, and they don't pull the "I told you so" card. They sometimes tell you things about yourself that you don't want to hear, but they do it because they care about you. They're the ones who would drop everything for you if they got an emergency phone call, no strings attached, and you'd do the same for them without thinking twice. My RL friends have been nannas and papas, uncles and aunties, to my little girl when her blood relatives refused the roles. They've laughed with me, cried with me, gone to the emergency room with me and my child, prayed for me, and let me laugh and cry and pray with them as well.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:55 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I heart you KA. :)
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:42 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• Friends are like family- except you get to PICK this family!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Inever was one to ave lots of "friends" I have always managed to find a few very nice people. They have my back and I have theirs. When there have bee emergencies or little upsets, when there has been rejoicing nad just share time, we are always there. Our kids played or interacted together for the most part but there have been single moms or just plain singles. I have both male and female friends.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:35 PM on Apr. 4, 2013

• I lurve you too, mom!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:45 PM on Apr. 4, 2013