I need advice about crazy neighbors!

I have been harassed by my neighbors and have reported them to the apartment manager, I have had to call the cops on these ppl. And in return I have been called names, threatened, tires slashed, they throw water on my front door. And our apt manager is mad at me for calling the cops, because she said it makes the apts look bad by having them over here. I explained how I walk up to my door and have to pass thse ppl and their friends and they threaten me if I dont feel safe I should be allowed to call the cops. I had to get a restraining order on one of the girls for throwing a rock at me. The apt manager suggested I move and I told her I cant afford to move right now and she replied then sell some of my stuff at the flea market or have a yard sale. I think shes been rude and trying to act like Im the problem. I dont know what else to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• Not much else you can do. The manager will most likely wait for your lease to come up and then ask you to move, so I would begin preparing now. Continue calling the cops if you feel unsafe. Doesn't matter that you are right, they have the upper hand.

I also suggest laying it all out in a review online of the complex, to perhaps avoid this from happening to someone else.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 12:51 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• You did the right thing they are threatening you keep calling the cops and your apt manager yes she is being rude she should do something at least kick them out the apt thats what she can do keep doing what you have to do that will make them stop thats my opinion
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 12:52 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Check to see what agency handles landlord-tenant issues in your community. They may be able to help you resolve this. If the manager is not the owner of the apartment complex, then go above the manager's head to the ownership of the complex.

Is the complex itself safe, up to code? Because code enforcement can be called in, too.

Calling the police was the right thing to do. But if you have already gone to the top of the food chain in your complex's ownership, then it's time to find a new place. And give this place a horrid review in every apartment rental website you can find!

Answer by gdiamante at 12:53 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• These ppl in my breezeway are friends with our apt maintenece man. He lives in our breezeway as well. He is part of the problem. I hope I can get out of here soon. Because I cant even park my car back here because Im scared they with slash my tires again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:06 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• That is horrible and no way to live. I hope you find a solution soon.
    ggsmom333

Answer by ggsmom333 at 1:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• She is the manager but she is not the owner, take your complaint to them
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Thank you Ladies~
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:56 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• The management should be offering a different unit away from your neighbors and sending them a warning. They should be keeping YOU happy and safe so the police don't HAVE to come back.

When is your lease up? They flat out told you to move early without consequence? Sounds like you won't get your deposit back.

What did you do to piss these people off?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:02 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Yeah that was rude. Is there any way you can move to another apt in the same complex? I would still look around and see if affordable housing is available. Perhaps you can rent someone's basement or split rent on a nicer apartment/house with someone. Roommates.com is a good place to look and also on Facebook Marketplace. You never know what you may be missing out on. Look up your local housing department and see if they have housing assistance programs or grants.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I would talk to the owner of the complex. I would also prepare to move cause if they are telling you to move instead of fixing the problem they probably are not going to renew your lease once it is up. also you do not really want to live some where you don't feel safe.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:12 AM on Apr. 5, 2013