He came back O:

Well today I got some shocking news I found out that my babydaddy moved to Miami to be closer to our daughter which is shocking b/c he has always said he will never leave Australia...Hmmm should I be worried or Glad he wants to be in our daughters life?

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• Well she is really young so she probably doesn't even realize he hasn't been around. I would set up ground rules for visitation and make him pay CS. He has to know he can't bounce in and out of her life whenever he feels like it. Good luck!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Both probably. How old is your daughter, how long has he been gone? Does she want anything to do with him? Is this going to upset her life or your life? Is he going to try to butt in now that he is back?

kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:05 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• If he's a good guy, not abusive or a drunk and not prone to appearing and disappearing like a rabbit in a hat, it will probably be beneficial for your daughter to have her dad in her life. Just set your boundaries and stick to them.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Make sure you have a visitation agreement in place. This is going to sound paranoid but if he's been living out of the country, he could go back and take your daughter with him.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I hope he has decided to be a good daddy, a real daddy, to your DD. I hope he brings more joy than stress to the two of you!
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 1:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Both. I would not leave the child alone with him just in case he decides to take her and his story ends up being a cover. You have to use your judgment since you know him better than we do. Assess his pattern of actions, any coincidences with the timing of other events (loss of a job and maybe wants to mooch off you, for example), how serious he seems, if he is willing to provide financially and not just be closer, etc. You don't know what's happened since that time that he left. Perhaps get one of those cheap online background checks from Intelius which is a good site by the way) to see if there were any arrests or recent money issues...and that he's not married to someone else!
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I think both. It is great that he wants to be in his childs life and at least she is young enough that she will not know, but i would make sure there are rules in place.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 5:37 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Hopefully it's a good thing. It's nice that he wants to be a part of his DD's life, but I hope for your sake that he is easy to work with in regards to the interests of your child. My normal bit of advise (which I don't think you need because it sounds like you are already doing it) is to proceed with caution.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I think it's both. Good because that is a huge step moving from one country to the other to be close to his child.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Hope for the best be prepared for the rest
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2013