Finding a supportive OB/GYN

When my Husband and I found out that we'd only have children by c-section we initially thought that this might really limit our family size till we found out after our second child from the surgical report and talking to our doctor that I have little to no scar tissue. The doctor's keep talking about us stopping having kids after 3 based on a myriad of risk factors all based on the build up of scar tissue even though they have a report in they're hand on my specific case which says I'm not at risk based on a lack of said scar tissue. I get handed a paper that lumps complications of women having 4th or greater c-sections even though there is an obvious difference between your 4th pregnancy and your 9th(not to mention older mother,grand multipara,etc... with 9th pregnancy).

If they show me excessive scar tissue or bleeding or thinning of the uterus on the surgical report but so far all they give me is a number based on a problem I don't have.

I'm the only c-section mother in my family and most of my friends don't have kids yet so since just asking around is not really a possibility how is a good way to find a supportive Ob/gyn without coldcalling everywhere?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• i have the same problem.. my 3 were c sections. i was told not to have any more and they were trying to talk me into signing papers to get my tubes tied.. i refuse to go to the midwife i had when i had my 3rd. (i want one more) the only way to find a dr that would support it is if you take all your medical history papers to different drs to see which one would allow it. If you do get pregnant against drs wishes theres nothing they can do but help you have the baby.
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Ask a midwife. Chances are her back-up will be the most supportive OB in town. But also any OB is going to try to prevent problems by recommending against getting pregnant. If they give you the go-ahead in advance you could misinterpret it as a guarantee that everything will go fine and if it doesn't you could sue. So of course they are going to try to avoid that liability. Right up until the point where you show up pregnant.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 3:47 AM on Apr. 8, 2013