Found burnt spoons and needles. But when given the drug test, results were negative for use. I know something is going on! What drugs would be administered via needle, yet not show on a urine test?

Gpfl

Asked by Gpfl at 3:23 AM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• Maybe it belongs to a friend and he's covering for him.
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 3:25 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Did you WATCH them actually pee in the cup?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 3:43 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• It may not be traditional drugs but home substances that people use to try to get high. There are ways to get around a drug test. Just search for "how to pass or fake a drug test" He might be using these methods or products.

http://voices.yahoo.com/4-tips-pass-drug-test-2147516.html

http://jezebel.com/5814152/how-to-pass-a-drug-test

hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 4:11 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• It could have also been out of his system, some drugs stay in for only hours, some stay for over a month. Did you give one of those at home drug tests? They have one that covers almost everything from meth to pot. You need to pay attention to what kind you purchased.
    The bad news if he is doing something that is injected, most likely it is a very bad addiction, and will only be a matter of time before he uses, if indeed the spoon etc. belonged to him.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 8:47 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I would imagine you should consider a few different possibilities. Perhaps it's a substance that wasn't screened by the test you used. Or perhaps the individual falsified the urine sample in some way. Or perhaps the paraphernalia is someone else's. Or perhaps the substance was out of the person's system for long enough not to show on the test.

Consult the test you used, for what substances it claims to identify. See if there are any parameters mentioned (such as how recently various substances should have been used in order to be detected. It might vary by substance.)
    Investigate how long likely substances (i.e., the drugs that might be suggested by the paraphernalia you found) remain in the system and can be detected by a urine test. Maybe google spoons & needles to get an idea of what drugs might be "cooked" in that way & injected, if that would help.

I imagine this is super-upsetting. Good luck.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 10:31 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Needles leave tracks
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:57 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Honestly, if I found burnt spoons and used needles, that would be enough for me to take serious action and would get my child professional help. An at-home drug test can be duped in so many ways.
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 11:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2013

• Yup. Others here have alluded that your son (?) may have taken some evasive maneuver to avoid a positive drug screen. There are ways to do that. Certainly. The spoons and needles suggests cocaine or crack or something along that line. That stuff can only be detected in the urine for a matter of hours (less than a day).

Coupled with the measures that are available to evade detection, you might be involved in a cat and mouse game.

I hair follicle test will tell the story. For sure.
    See here: Hair Drug Test

I know this is a heartbreaking turn of events. I am convinced that it is a matter of luck -or, lack of it, when our children take up with the wrong crowd. Good families and good kids sometimes follow the wrong crowd. Try not to be too hard on yourself. I say that because I know the guilt is coming if it's not there already.

JoAnne J

DrugTestTips

Answer by DrugTestTips at 3:31 PM on Aug. 5, 2013