Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have rashes in the shape of tape that wasplaced on my skin. They itch, burn, & hurt. How do I get rid of them?


Asked by idntcare at 6:22 AM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Health

Level 2 (4 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • Wash the area, put some hydrocortisone cream on it a couple times a day, and take a benadryl if the burning/itching is bad or spreading. Also tell any medical people in the future that you had an allergic reaction to surgical tape; there's hypoallergenic tape they can use instead in the future.

    Since you've had a reaction, you want to be careful about things like band-aids. You may be allergic to the adhesive on some varieties.

    Answer by SWasson at 9:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

  • You can use some aloe for soothing or even try taking some Benadryl, since it sounds like an allergic reaction. It should eventually go away on it's own though.

    Answer by 3libras at 7:42 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

  • I am probably going to regret asking this, but why did you have tape all over your skin? Take an oatmeal bath and do what 3 libras said.

    Answer by jerseydiva at 8:50 AM on Apr. 5, 2013