Rebounds do they work?

I see a lot of people these days jumping from one relationship to the next. I think that is a recipe for disaster. Like those people who get gf/bf less than a month after a break up. I do see rebounds work but very rarely.

Me as a women I would not want to be with a guy who just broke up with his gf. It sends a bad message that he cannot stay in a serious relationship and it would make me feel like a rebound and like hes not over his ex. Opinions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• Look, your bf has a new girlfriend. Stop obsessing about it. Get over it. Get a life. Get a hobby. Get a goldfish... whatever it takes to take your mind off him. IT's over and his life is no longer any of your business.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• My opinion is the same as it was the last 2 times you asked this. You don't know what's in his head, you don't know what he's telling her, so you have no idea whether or not this is a rebound or whether it will work out.

Let it go, sweetie. The more you focus on this, the more you obsess on it, the harder it's going to be for you to move on. It's over. Accept that and quit worrying what his new girlfriend thinks or does or feels.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:15 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• IDK. I started seeing / talking to my DH just a couple months after breaking up with my BF of 3+ years. If my DH was a rebound, it's lasting pretty long. We've been together for 17 years and married for almost 13.

Sometimes you are just done with the last relationship and ready to move on.

It's not healthy to obsess on what other people are doing. You aren't in control of that. Take stock of what you ARE in control of and work on those things to get you to a healthier emotional place.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:08 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Not my life, so i dont care what others do with theirs and I dont think about it
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• You really do need to move on, he obviously has. Let it go, work on your happiness and quit worrying about him.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:28 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Just plain and simple He isn't the right guy, no matter what you wish or hope for, you can't change him into Mr. Right! I would perhaps start dating again?
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 10:30 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• hugsI TRUELLY DO NOT KNOW!! but I am sending you GOOD LUCK ON MOVING ON WITH YOUR LIFE!!

Monsita

Answer by Monsita at 11:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2013