Kid's these days! The realization that I am old

40 came and went in November,and with it came the fact that I no longer know,or care,about all the new pop singers, and the crazy fashions.
I am officially a fuddy duddy,lol
I don't like kids on my lawn. I grumble at the rudeness of teens,I think that the music is too loud,and an exciting Saturday night is Chinese takeout and Pay per view

if you've reached this point,how did you come to the realization that you're "old"?

Asked by butterflyblue19 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I'm 51, but I believe in denial. I love going out for a few games of pool, or seeing a movie, and tomorrow we're going to the Renaissance Faire with some friends who are also "old". Our kids are all adults, and the freedom that we suddenly have is intoxicating!!

Nope, I'm not ready to be old yet. I'm fine with an evening of take-out and netflix, but I want to get out and do things too!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:10 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I think I realized it a few years ago when the words 'damned teenagers' spilled from my mouth.

Also when I was carded for buying alcohol, I didn't know if I should laugh and ask if they were serious or just be excited that anyone asked at all.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:09 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I do still listen to current Alt rock & rock music. But, my kids watched the Kid's Choice awards & I was like "who the hell is Pitbull?".
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:14 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Silly  libras! Pitbull is a dog.

grandma

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:16 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I'm not OLD, I'm just EXPERIENCED! And the damn kids wear me out- so it's their fault I'm tired & ready for bed by 9pm. And that a drink or 2 makes me sleepy, and that I have a few grays peaking out. And... what was the question again?! lol :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:45 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I still go out and have fun, play pool, go dancing, that kind of thing. But, walking around campus I feel old as hell. I don't remember being like that when I first went to college. I look at them and think they are just a bunch of punk kids. LOL
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:18 AM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I felt like that in my 30's now I'm 45 & don't really give a crap about small stuff at all anymore. I've crossed the "fuck it all" bridge. Just happy to still be alive now. Saturday nights are still Takeout & a movie. I was never really a Party animal!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I will never be old, just seasoned. :-)
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:12 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• well...im 28 and other than the music thing, im all the things you listed haha. i grumble at cats in my yard, not kids tho haha. im an introvert tho...so a Saturday night w/ take out at home sounds great!

3libras, at Thanksgiving 2 years ago DH's grandma was talking about how PitBull was going to perform on Dancing with the Stars and how she wanted to watch it. every one of us was like "who the hell is PitBull and how do you know who he is?!"...even my BIL who was like 19 at the time haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:23 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• The big one for me was having all the country stars I grew up with relegated to the "classic" station on the radio. Oh, and when my five-year-old asked if Kool-Ade was around when I was a kid, well, that sure didn't help me feel any younger.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2013