What is something quick and easy to make for dinner?

I have been sick for the last two days and quite frankly don't feel like cooking but I ordered pizza last night. Not sure what to fix that would be quick and easy. Any suggestions?

BTW, spaghetti is out. My husband hates it because he had so much as a child.

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 2:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Tacos
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• That actually sounds good. Thanks 3libras!
    JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 2:15 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• What do you have and how many are eating? Husband could cook right? Sick people shouldn't handle food anyways. Lol.

Tuna casserole?
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:16 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• It's just the three of us but hubby has to work tonight. He gets up at 6 and leaves at 6:45. He has already worked 60 hours this week and still has three 12 hour shifts to work before he gets time off. I would feel bad for making him cook dinner or pick up his own food when I have to go to the grocery store no matter what.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• When I'm not in the mood for cooking but want a hot meal, I mix a can or two of cream soup, some rice and twice the amoun of milk as rice, mushrooms, frozen peas or peas and carrots, and a little bit of onion powder and garlic salt in a baking dish. Then I plunk in some boneless chicken breasts or thighs, cover the dish with foil, and bake at 350 for an hour, or till the rice is tender. It also works with bacon instead of chicken, and sometimes I mix cheese in for variety. Easy as a breeze. Hope you feel better soon.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:21 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Reservations?!

Soup, chili, sandwiches. I lucked out that a friend invited us to dinner tonight. Otherwise we'd be ordering Chinese.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 2:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Tacos, sandwiches, soup, cheese and crackers, cereal, BLTs. What kind of frozen stuff do you have? TV dinners are easy, though not always quick. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Omelets! French Toast!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Breakfast. It's my go-to meal when I'm running late on karate nights.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:34 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Grilled cheese or BLTs.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2013