Twins.? Im Confused!!!

Today i went to the doctors with my children. The rountine check-up for 5month old. So i took all the children and my 2 and 3yr old where there sitting a playing with toys or whatever and the doctor pointed out how much they look alike compared to the other boys. Now Tristan and Tyran have always looked unbelivebly alike and the doctor was going on about the way how they are so close and bond really well. He then started asking me how old they where and how far apart they where so i told him they are 14months apart. And he started speaking to himself weirdly and asked me to bring the boys back for tests and blood taken so i agreed and he explained of a rare encounter which an egg is split but one side does not develop and is left behind and then can be picked up after the birth of the baby and within 6 months i could become pregnant with that egg again. It was all confusing to me. Have any of you ever heard of this?

Mummytomore

Asked by Mummytomore at 5:12 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Health

• no that is crazy but would be awesome if its true... let us know what the tests results determine!
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• WOW! keep us updated. thats really interesting :D
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Strange but I would think that would be impossible. With all the stuff that comes out after you'd think the left over section of egg would be one or the body would attack it as a foreign object and it would break down. Really though let us know what is found.

babyfat5

Answer by babyfat5 at 5:21 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I've not but he seems to have. Odd though. Wouldn't it be funny if they really are identical twins born 14 months apart?
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• that is awesome! I want to hear more when you find out too. please keep us updated...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 5:27 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• What is that egg split thing called? I looked around online and can't find anything describing something like that. It would be very cool if it's true and that has happened! If the tests come back that they are twins you should call the news papers or Guinness Book of Records!

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 7:03 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• Never heard of it. However my youngest 2, who are a year apart in age and not biologically related, have been called twins on several occaissions.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I have heard something of this. ...Of a fertilized egg not developing right away. I've never looked into it to see exactly how it works - but it may be possible. I have twins myself...born at the same time of course.
    FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 7:17 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• What FlyMom07 said. That is what i ment lol. And i think i would hate the publicity and people poking into my life lol. It really does'nt bother me if anything like that has happened they're still my baby boys lol. But the tests are this friday and he said we'll find out in 2-3 weeks.

Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 8:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009