When are your kids out of school for the summer?

DS is done May 31st. His last two days are half days which I think is ridiculous, but what can you do?! Just found out one of the weeks I am off this summer so thinking about summer vacations and plans. Do you have any vacations planned yet?

kmath

Asked by kmath at 4:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2013 in

• May 22nd. No big plans just lots of stuff around town. Hoping a friend of mine from Florida and her DS will come up and go to the Zoo or something with us one day. *hint hint* :0D
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:45 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• June 18. We have no plans other than "we should get to the beach this summer."
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 4:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• My kids aren't out until June 10! We are going to Emerald Isle, NC for 5 days in July then to Garden City Beach, SC for a week in August. We also have a daytrip to a water park planned at the end of July and probably a trip to Carowinds at some point.

Answer by missanc at 4:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• May 30th, and it's a half day.
    We live in WY and are having 2 separate family reunions in NV, so the plan is to stay in NV for about a month so we can go to both reunions. Hope my grandparents are ready for the mass amounts of people about to stay in their house! Me and my 2 boys, my nephew, my brother, my mother, and a cousin.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:11 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Last day here is June 6. Than my son starts summer camp. We will go to the beach at the end of August and camping for a few days in the beginning of August.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• June 7th is his last day

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• june 7th, school starts back up august 20th
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:09 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Our school ends June 10, starts back aug 31

Answer by missanc at 5:10 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I think here it's the last week in May when summer break starts. My daughter will go to a couple of day camps with field trips, and my boyfriend and I usually take one long weekend to ourselves. Not sure if that's going to happen or not this year. Our big vacation, if we can pullit off, will be Fall Break in October, when I hope we can go to Disney World for a few days and on one of thos two-night Celebration cruises.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:29 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• We homeschool, and we finish when we finish everything planned for our year. This year, it'll be either May 17th or 24th. We have a couple of field trips planned between now and then, and if we get behind from them, then it'll be the 24th, otherwise should be the 17th.

No vacations planned. We stick close to home. We do the Summer Movie Express at Regal Cinemas - 9 weeks of movies, 2 movies a week, $1 per person per movie. Can't beat that. My kids usually go to a day camp for one week put on by the sheriff, but we elected a new sheriff and he might not do it this year, so that might be out. We head to the lake for swimming with friends, and we're planning a fishing trip with those same friends. Might go camping, too, once or twice. That's about it.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 5:43 PM on Apr. 5, 2013