After a month waiting for my tax return

I call and find out its still pending. Has this happened to anyone else? And how long did it take? I'm so pissed.

skinnyslokita

Asked by skinnyslokita at 7:05 PM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Money & Work

• Did you file with H&R Block? I have heard they messed up the returns and it is taking an additional 4-6 weeks to process.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:06 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• No I went through a family accountant. I called and they said two other people have had this problem as well and couldn't tell me when I'd receive my money, or why it's delayed :( I've never had it take more than two weeks. They explained it would take 21 days but said most people were getting it faster. My whole family got their refunds before the 21 days.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• are you being audited?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:14 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I read that anyone with education credits was being delayed b/c of the Govt. sequester. Not sure why that part is the only one being effected, but that's what I heard.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Not that I know of.
    skinnyslokita

Comment by skinnyslokita (original poster) at 7:24 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Yep, but we made the mistake of going through HRBlock, so we were delayed by that, I also was delayed by the student credit. We finally got it, but my cousin has been waiting for his for over a month as well
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 7:37 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Turbotax works fine for us. I also do my own and it's usually taken about 21 days to get the refund.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:26 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• 8DAYS HERE
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 10:26 AM on Apr. 6, 2013