Abusive relationships adult content

have or neone u know ever been in one? what would the abuser do? how did the get away?

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 7:42 PM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• my bf and i always got in arguments... one time he hit me in my face, another would pull my hair, he threw me across the room, hes even choked me. i called the police once on him. they didnt do anything. no charges or anything. he pretty much got away with it. he had gone to jail once bc of cdv. his baby mama had went to the police and got him for it. hes now in prison due to other stuff. we are goin to try and work things out. maybe the time he spends in there will help. but i told him he needs to take anger management. and if he doesnt he cant stay in my home. also if it happens again i will go to the police and i till tell them where he is at.
    Anonymous

• Anon,you're a fool

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• You're going back for more? Why put yourself through that?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:54 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• If anyone is in one, it does not matter what happened to others, its important to know how to get away and stay away.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I told him if it happens again at all in anyway even a name ill pack his shit.. its my house he can go stay with his mom. i wont deal with it any more. if he isnt going to get help then he wont be with me either.
    Anonymous

• I had one he would beat her constantly for no reason and he would always tell her she gotta be back at a certain time and honestly its hard to get out of a abusive relationship once you try to leave they say I'm sorry it want happen again when it will but her family and I helped her get out that problem she moved out when he wasn't home and called the police and he got arrested
    Shaketa123

Answer by Shaketa123 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Controlling, abusive, isolating you. 

Answer by louise2 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• They usually are free to do whatever they want away from home, WHILE YOU ARE AT HOME DOING IT ALL......and when you want a day off THEY WOULD DO ANYTHING TO NO LET YOU HAVE IT!!!!
    Monsita

Answer by Monsita at 10:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Hitting, kicking, biting, being shoved against the wall, down the stairs, choked, slapped, punched, being told what a dumb f, fat slob etc. I was. The physical got better after we had kids but the verbal got worst. I took a stand and said we needed marriage help. He decided to leave, we are now divorced. I got off easy.
    momofne

Answer by momofne at 11:07 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Anon, I hope you realize that you could find a lawyer to sue the police for not filing charges and probably end up with a lot of money. That would mean financial independence to get away from him! You don't EVER work things out with abusers. They need to sort their issues out on their own. You're not teaching them anything by staying.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 11:20 PM on Apr. 5, 2013