Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worried any help would help!!=)

SO to make a lomg stroy short my fiancee was 17 1/2 and I was 19 when he got me pregnant, he wasn't gonna tell anyone about the baby til it was born and blah blah, well he's 18 now and I'm due in April, my question is when I apply for insurance (he wouldn't let me apply but he cheated on me and i just ended it on valentines day..) can the state press charges?? I've been searching the net and I can't find anything helpful, so if any of you know from experience or anything else at all, please share =) Thank you! Btw I live in WI if that makes a difference

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

Answers (9)
  • The state wont press charges. His parents would have to. Good luck :)

    Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 5:16 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • Oh great!! Thanks so much!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:19 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • What is the legal age of consent in WI?

    Answer by bagjmama at 5:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • Press charges because you're upset? THat's a really grown up thing to do

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:32 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • well the legally NO they can't press charges on you... You are able to consent to having sex at the age of 17, thats how it is in Michigan, so I am pretty sure that they can't. He was willing, and I don't think that they would even try. I went through all of that crap too.... My husband is 4 1/2 years older than I am... I got pregnant at 17 years old, and he was 22... Nobody could press any charges! Good Luck, hope that was helpful!

    Answer by ali_1107 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • no 17 is the legal age.good luck!

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • Umm why would you or anybody press charges? Did he rape you?

    If you had sex with him and were willing just let it go. You can really mess up a person's life by pressing charges against him-he would be considered a pedophile.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • I don't think that they would press charges on you. They could however make you file for child support against him.

    Answer by pinkbutterfly at 5:41 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

  • ANON: AT 5:38 P.M.

    First off she was asking if her ex boyfriend could press charges against her, not if SHE could press charges on him!!!

    If you are going to answer a question; at least read the WHOLE story, and then right your response. If you don't understand the question, then please don't write an answer...

    She was ONLY asking because she is 19 years old, and her ex is 17 years old, and is scared that they can press charges!!!!

    Answer by ali_1107 at 8:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Pregnancy
rib and back pain

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Hey mommas and mommas to be!

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN