Uti are contagious?

I had aUTI last month it went away but I got it back this month so I went to the dr again he said it was a uti well this time it didn't go away so they put me on a stronger meds and sent my urine out for culture and it came back I had ecoli in my urine. The infection is gone now but my husband went to the dr and he now has a UTI we didn't have sex when I was on meds though. I didn't know it was contagious?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Health

• From what I can find, it's not contagious. You could have transferred bacteria to him, but that wouldn't necessarily result in him getting a UTI. I would guess it's just a very strange coincidence that you both had one at the same time.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:31 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• You're not wiping correctly. Front to back

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:35 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Stop having sex till you're both clear.
    Pee immediately after sex.
    If you're using crap like whipped cream and Hershey's syrup in the bedroom, STOP.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:50 AM on Apr. 6, 2013

• We haven't been having sex. We had sex before I New I had it then after my felt fine and meds were gone. Now he has it so we aren't again. I always pee after sex. We don't use that stuff in the bedroom and if we do it is usually when it is my time of month and we cant do it so I pleasure him, but we don't have sex if we use that stuff and haven't used it in a while lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:01 AM on Apr. 6, 2013