weight gain or lack thereof....

Ok so when I conceived I weighed about 160. During the first trimester- even though I didn't physically get sick I couldn't eat a lot- so I went down to about 146.

Now at 19 weeks I am at about 150.
My doctor has said nothing about weight gain except that it was a good thing I went up from 146.

My cravings have been very healthy- I crave water which I usually don't like- fresh veggies and fruits and I am not really too interested in fried food... go figure - but watch out ice cream aisle here I come.

has anyone else had this kind of experience? This is my third pregnancy.

LuckyClown

Asked by LuckyClown at 5:20 PM on Feb. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had something very similar happen to me in my pregnancy. I was 137 at conception, then that went down about 15 pounds in my first and second trimester. Then, in the end of my second trimester and the beginning of my third I gained all of my weight back plus 25 pounds. If you are eating right then you will gain the weight you need, as I'm sure you already know. There are lots of pregnancy books out there that stress that weight gain should be gradual during pregnancy but that just isn't the case with all pregnancies regardless of how much the mother eats or how healthy her diet is. It really is nothing to worry about, but I understand how disconcerting losing weight still in to your second trimester can be. Just keep doing what your doing! You are very lucky to have such healthy cravings.
    lillys_mommy09

Answer by lillys_mommy09 at 6:44 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• yes, this is my 3rd pregnancy, and i am 12 weeks along... I weighed 155 when I first found out I was pregnant, and now I am down to 150. I haven't been vomiting or anything... I just can't STAND the smells of any food... I as well have been craving FRUITS like their going out of style!!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• u girls are lucky.ive gained 30lbs. im 24 weeks today.
    Anonymous

• I lost about 5 pounds to start with. I am at 26 weeks now and have gained 8.
    Anonymous

• YEP... I didn't gain a pound until I was about 22 weeks with this one. This is also my 3rd. I have gained about 22lbs. I'm 38 weeks now. I stopped gaining weight again for the past 3 weeks no weight gain. I craved fruit and that's what I ate for weeks and weeks at the beginning. I wouldn't worry.
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 5:38 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i started out at 180 and lost/gained weight all throughout my pregnancy. I ended up only gaining a total of 13 lbs. I actually left they hospital weighing less than I did before getting pregnant, and my doc said that I was healthy, weight wise. As long as the baby measures normally each visit and you don't just lose weight, you're fine. If they feel you need to gain more, they'll let you know!
    dze527

Answer by dze527 at 5:40 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• i lost about 7lbs in the first triemster and now have gained 15lbs and im 30wks. im sure you will start to put the weight back on here soon.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 16, 2009

• I do feel lucky, this is going to be the healthiest of my three babies, and I was borderline overweight for my height before the pregnancy. I guess I am not so much worried as confused haha.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:58 PM on Feb. 16, 2009