am i due in april or may?

i had a mormal peroid in july 14th then spotted the 28th had a light period in august felt supper tired and not myself at the end of august took a dollar store pregnancy test at 10:30pm on september 4th it was the brightest possitive pregnacy test i have ever took. the doctor told me i was 9 weeks pregnant at dr appt and due may 25th dont make since to me please help i have been having braxtons and felt baby move with my hand on christams day wich according to dr i was 18 weeks

nikigonz

Asked by nikigonz at 9:46 PM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Pregnancy

• What did the doctor say?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• Dr. says im due May 25th but how can my pregnancy test be possitive sept 4th if according to him i got pregnant around August 28th
    nikigonz

Comment by nikigonz (original poster) at 9:58 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• i'm sure the ultrasound could tell how far along you were

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• August is before September and typically you do become pregnant before you get a positive test. You are due at the end of May like your doctor said
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:48 PM on Apr. 5, 2013

• I understand August is before September but my urine test was dark lines possitive 20 days before I started missed my period.... My last regular period was July 14th I had a very 3 day light period in August started feeling not my self so I took pregnancy test September 4 th at night and September 14 my period didn't come at all so how can that happen???? If dr is right I would have conceived around August 28 it take 6 to 12 days for the sperm to attach so on that note there is no way my pregnancy test would come up positive on the 4 th of September it's not possible
    nikigonz

Comment by nikigonz (original poster) at 12:35 AM on Apr. 6, 2013

• 10 days not 20 sorry
    nikigonz

Comment by nikigonz (original poster) at 12:39 AM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Seriously if you have no clue how this works you have no business having a baby.
    Your doctor is right, YOU are WRONG.
    And Sept 4th IS 6 days after August 28th. (Which is referring to the time it takes for the fertilized egg to attach to the uterine wall, NOT the time it takes for the sperm to attach to the egg) Also the "conception date" he gave you is an approximation based on the time between periods( Roughly half way between your August and September periods). You could have conceived the 25th or 26th or well depending on your cycle roughly anywhere within a week around the date he gave you. The week you are in your pregnancy is determined from the date of your last menstrual cycle (not your conception date). Which would have been those 3 "light days" you had in early August.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 6, 2013

• Kristi you don't have to be so fucking rude I came to this sight for suggestions this is my 4 th child so I know what the fuck I'm doing thank you very much I talk to another doctor last week she agrees with me it don't sound right do I go in for a ultra sound on Monday to see... This sight sucks I didn't come here to be criticized I came for a question all u had to put is May not all the other bull shit...
    nikigonz

Comment by nikigonz (original poster) at 11:27 AM on Apr. 6, 2013

• The only reason the other doctor agrees with you is because of the way you stated it to her (ie you conveniently left out information to make it seem as if the first doctor was wrong. Like leaving out the days you had a period in August). Not because the first doctor is wrong. Chances are the ultrasound will only confirm what the first doctor stated and that you don't know what the hell you are talking about. You're due in MAY

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 6, 2013

• According to my calculations I'm 38 week today due on April 20th I have been having strong contractions since 2:00 pm and mucus plug coming out so I'm thinking the baby is coming soon..... All though the contractions are not painful yet they are consistent we shall see.... Thanks for being so bitchy on my question.....and kristi no wonder your a pregnancy minor your a idiot
    nikigonz

Comment by nikigonz (original poster) at 8:22 PM on Apr. 6, 2013