I'm curious....

I met my boyfriend of two years when I was 19. He was 29. He told me about a relationship he was in for 10 years, and how they were high school sweethearts...

I had a conversation with my mom today. She asked me why don't I date someone my age. She says that these two were 3 years apart, they grew together. But that's not the case with me and him. That
I'm growing alone, while he already experienced life, first true love, marriage, etc.

Seems like she's trying to say is he's taking my youth, and I can't get anything in return. He's 31 now. He's a grown man! He spent most of his life with someone... All he knew was his ex wife. I feel like she's trying to say, he will never love me like he loved her....is this true?

He's my first true love... I know I'm not his because 10 years has got to be love right? But will he ever love me like he loved her?! Could he ever love me more? My mom says I'm young and nieve... Is she saying in other words.... Find someone my age, he's "damaged goods".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Apr. 5, 2013 in Relationships

• why do you care about her? never compare your relationship to their relationship.. thats never good. also your moms right. he has been through it "all" and you havent. Youre at the age where going out with friends is fun. drinking, doing this doing that. and he might not like that. it might push you two apart.
    Anonymous

• You will realize the life you missed. And probably have regrets later.
    That's all she is trying to tell you.
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 8:42 AM on Apr. 6, 2013